Many people have a misconception about a buyers agent and don’t realize how valuable one can be. Here is what a buyers agent, such as myself, will do for you:
- Listings found for you, sent to you, of the types of houses you like, in the areas you want to live in. Some maybe listing not yet on MLS.
- Custom tours, planned and chauffeured by the Buyers Agent.
- Someone to explain the whole buying process to you, from making the offer to getting the deal closed.
- Helping you get pre-approved to buy a home and referring you to trusted lenders.
- Someone to help you understand what you must do to protect yourself in a real estate transaction so you don’t end up with a house that you paid too much for or has thousands of dollars in work to do.
- Someone to buffer you from pushy Sellers, pushy Listing Agents and anyone else who is not obligated to look out for your best interests. Many listing agents like to double end the deal, meaning they want to list a home then sell it to the buyer and keep all the commission. This is just bad business because in actuality, the listing agent does not have the buyers best interest in mind, they are just looking for the highest commission.
- Having a highly qualified negotiator to get you the best terms for the house you want.
- And, this is a big one . . . someone who can pull together all of the information about what other houses are selling for like the one you want to buy so you don’t pay too much, or get into a contract that can’t close because the house isn’t worth what the Sellers want for it.
Posted on June 28, 2015 at 7:08 pm by Teresa Karam